Choosing Yolŋu Radio Rirrakay Mala for your event means you will receive a high quality production, as well as contribute to local communities. Yolŋu Radio Rirrakay Mala is part of ARDS social enterprise arm - any profits are invested back into ARDS other community work. So by hiring us, you are supporting the empowerment of Aboriginal communities.
About our event services
We deliver an efficient and quality service while ensuring the long term development of the Arnhem Land music industry, in which local Aboriginal people can produce their own events and event funding is re-invested in communities.
Our services include:
- Professional event production
- Sound equipment and/or service
- Lighting equipment and/or service
- Dry hire of our PA equipment and backline (instruments) based in Nhulunbuy
We can run events large and small – from a private function, to a football-sized field with 2000 people.
We also have networks with local Aboriginal musicians and bands if you’re looking to source talent. We can even broadcast your event live on Yolŋu Radio or film it with our emerging film production crew.
We have over 15 years of experience working in Aboriginal communities, and provide a culturally appropriate service and meaningful employment for Aboriginal people. Our approach is to train and support local Aboriginal crew members to take key hands-on roles and responsibilities for PA and lighting during event productions, under mentoring of our experienced production staff.
Event production highlights
- Ramingining’s Bak’bididi Festival, 2015 and 2016
- Garma Main stage, Youth stage and music coordination, 2015 and 2016
- White Ribbon Dinner and Concert, Nhulunbuy, 2015
- Cyclone Cup Football Carnival Concert, Yirrkala 2015